A study conducted by LeadingAge and the Lewin Group illustrates the value of linking affordable senior housing communities with health and supportive services that help address resident needs.
Here are some key findings from that study:
- Residents living in housing with on-site Resident Service Coordinators had significantly lower hospitalization rates.
- Resident Service Coordinators play a valuable role in helping health care providers and payers improve access and coordination of health services to their vulnerable elderly patients who live in affordable senior housing communities.
- Health educators working with people who have conditions like diabetes or congestive heart failure may identify early warning signs that need immediate attention.
- The availability of health education was associated with lower Medicare Part D payments.
- On-site medication management services were associated with lower Medicaid payments, which could reflect the better overall monitoring of a resident’s prescription drug use.
These conclusions reinforce how your community can greatly benefit from the expertise that CHS provides. To learn more, call (626) 403-5450 or click here to contact us online.